Jerseys NFL Wholesale China Online vu1a1grs

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

高级会员

积分
发表于 2017-3-22 17:44:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Investigate your potential contractor…By Leonard GildarieLast week, we dealt extensively with some of the factors to be taken into account in the planning stages of your home. We received several emails and one stuck out like a sore thumb.According to a female home builder, she wanted to respond to the point that advice could be sought from the local Neighbourhood Democratic Council (NDC) and Town Council in the initial stages of planning.The woman claimed that at the NDC level, simply requesting information on building codes and other pertinent data is a hassle, with bribes being brazenly demanded. She claimed that even after information to process a house plan is forthcoming, sometimes the wrong advice is deliberately given and then more time is wasted in correcting it.Quite frankly, she notes, to fast-track the building plan, a “raise” has to be paid.Now, I really don’t doubt that this is happening,cheap nfl jerseys, but I do believe that it is a matter of choice to offer a”raise”. I am not aware that building plans are taking more a month and I can understand the anxiety involved in the speedy processing. It is an age-old problem, but I would have raised hell…it is the duty of the NDC and Town Council to assist.But it is a pertinent point that needs some more discussion in another article.Last week, as I mentioned earlier in this article, we examined the factors that should be considered in the planning stages. To recap, for those joining us for the first time, issues like getting estimates from different contractors,Chris Colabello Italy Jersey, shapes,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale, transportation costs,cheap nfl jerseys online, types of building material, and doing some of the tasks yourself, can and will impact on the final cost of your home.While it is not done much on homes in Guyana, in the US and other territories, it is the norm to estimate how much a home or structure will cost based on its size or square feet. For example, one square foot, with bathtub, the cost will be between $5,000 to $6,000 – hypothetically speaking.What happens in Guyana? A family wants to build a home and they call in a contractor and a price is haggled without any basis or explanation given on how that price is arrived at. In many cases, a home builder thinks he or she has a good deal. Maybe. But local architects are now arguing that this traditional and “cultural” way of doing business to negotiate “ain’t” advisable.For one, a contractor may give an estimate that looks “cheap” but he ends up “busting” on the work in the crucial stages.That is why it is advisable to seek several estimates. It is the belief of many that some contractors deliberately give a low estimate to get the job. There are quite a few of them that do it because of ignorance – but enough of contractor-bashing for the time being.Last week, we spoke of using a neighbour or friend’s home which has been built, to estimate your costs; factoring in important costs like transportation and about 10% for unexpected expenses.The commercial banks and the New Building Society have an estimate form that could be used as a guide when building. It includes the crucial stages of foundation,Christian Yelich USA Jersey, walls, roofing, plumbing and electrical and painting, among other things. It may be a wise idea to grab hold of a copy of that form. Sit down with your contractor and family and work the budget.Now, I do believe that probably one of the most crucial parts of building is choosing your contractor. It is simple…research him. Ask his neighbours (some will find this outlandish, but it is your money). Find out what homes he has built. Visit them. Talk to the owners about the experiences that they had with the contractor. Check his quality. There are numerous cases of contractors leaving a job before completing it. These are important pointers.Another crucial factor to take into account is that many contractors are “yes” persons.You would want one that can offer advice also.Now, what I am about to suggest may not find favour with many of you, but I suspect that quite a few housing officials will concur. It is simple. While in the past contractors were hired on the basis of a handshake, a so-called gentleman’s agreement, let us change the process. The fact that there is no formal agreement on the table leaves especially the home builder exposed.While one can argue that the home is being built in stages and thus the potential losses can be limited, again it must be stressed that the investment to build a home strikes close to the heart.It should therefore be viewed in the light that it is strictly a business transaction that should be protected as such.With more houselots soon to be given out on the East Bank of Demerara and the rising costs of building material, now is the time to build for those with houselots.Next week,wholeslae cheap nfl jerseys china, we will be looking at how to apply for a mortgage. In the meantime, you can email any questions or send comments on how we can improve on the articles to [email protected]
[url=http://www.cheapnfljerseyswholesaleoutlet.cc/cardinal-12-andrew-luck-white-
回复

使用道具 举报

发表回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表